Today I stumbled across a website with quotes from famous people. I decided to check if there are any about art or creativity. I couldn’t believe that I have found a lot of them and some of them do inspire to go and create something great. Even though that I didn’t have any intention or inspiration to create anything today at all, after reading those quotes I had to open my browser and post the best of them here. So enjoy these art quotes from famous people.
Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.
Art is not a thing, it is a way.
1. Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make.
2. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
1. I am interested in art as a means of living a life; not as a means of making a living.
2. The object isn’t to make art, it’s to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable.
Art attracts us only by what it reveals of our most secret self.
Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.
Art will remain the most astonishing activity of mankind born out of struggle between wisdom and madness, between dream and reality in our mind.
As music is the poetry of sound, so is painting the poetry of sight.
The reason that art (writing, engaging, and all of it) is valuable is precisely why I can’t tell you how to do it. If there were a map, there’d be no art, because art is the act of navigating without a map.
Great art picks up where nature ends.
If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing.
Sex is like art. Most of it is pretty bad, and the good stuff is out of your price range.
No artist is ahead of his time. He is his time, it’s just that others are behind the times.
I will be an artist or nothing!
Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere.
Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.
Any fool can paint a picture, but it takes a wise person to be able to sell it.
1. You don’t make art, you find it.
2. The chief enemy of creativity is good sense.
3. To draw, you must close your eyes and sing.
Creativity is essentially a lonely art. An even lonelier struggle. To some a blessing. To others a curse. It is in reality the ability to reach inside yourself and drag forth from your very soul an idea.
Art is not about thinking something up. It is the opposite–getting something down.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Talent is cheap; dedication is expensive. It will cost you your life.
If you like at least one quote please share it with your friends. I you want to add some more art quotes, put it into comments.
to my FREE newsletter and never miss a post.
As a BONUS I will give you access to my FREEBIES